‘Content is King’ on the internet! So wrote Bill Gates two decades ago, and his prediction that content would be the driver of the internet as we know it, has certainly come true. Our online browsing is now populated by social media, video sharing websites, and blogs. A 2017 HubSpot survey showed that 53% of marketers say that blogging is their top marketing priority, and companies posting 16+ blogs regularly got 3.5K more traffic than those publishing 0-4 posts.
The good news is that everyone with a website and a great product to sell can publish blogs regularly, and for free. Getting your blogs in front of prospective clients is a little harder, as it involves Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), or adhering to rules set by the big Search Engines around what makes good content. We’ve put together a quick and easy guide to SEO marketing to get you going.
1. Backlinks – These are all about creating an effective network. Sites that are links from other sites back to yours; it’s a sign that you are respected within your area of expertise. Links you make back to your own content are also important. It’s all about showing your website is current and relevant. What is a backlink?
2. Original Content – Search engines love fresh and original content. It’s difficult to keep changing your website pages, but regular blog posts, keeping your site relevant and updated, will help to ensure that it’s your product people see when searching online. How to make great content
3. Keywords – The idea with keywords is to use the terms that your customers are inputting when they search for the product or service you’re selling. Most effective is the use of ‘long-tail keywords’, or phrases that people might type into Google if they’re not sure what the precise product name is.
4. Images – Blogs with images are eye-catching and they provide another way for search engines to find your content. Be sure to name them, using your chosen keywords, and always complete the ‘alt-text’ which provides a description for anyone unable to see the picture. We recommend Pixabay or Pexels for free stock imagery.
5. Video – Most websites now include videos as it’s a popular and dynamic feature that gets shared across social media. If you do include videos always set aside budget to get a high-quality product that serves a recognisable purpose. How to Improve Your Blog Posts With YouTube Videos
6. Social Media – Google now looks to social media as an indicator of the quality and authority of blog posts. If other people, or businesses are tweeting about your blog, then the search engines will boost your SEO ranking. Make sure you build your Twitter following and promote your blogs regularly across all your social media platforms.
7. Indexed Pages – Every blog you write is recognised by search engines as a new page on your website. Fresh content is a sure-fire way to boost your SEO ranking, so long as each blog is no less than 300 words of fresh content with information relevant to your product.
See our blog on SEO tips for further handy help!
If you’re just starting out blogging, SEO can seem like something of a mystery that has to be cracked, but a heart it’s all about:
If you want to boost your SEO ranking but don’t have the time, or the confidence, to create regular blogs for your website, then Imagefix can help. Give us a ring today on 01525 715608, to start the process straight away.
Also published on Medium.
Imagefix Web Design,
Brickhill Drive, Bedford,
Bedfordshire, MK41 7PH.
Imagefix Ltd, Building 52,
Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedford,
Bedfordshire, MK45 4HR.
Bedford • Flitwick • Ampthill • Bletchley • Toddington • Bedfordshire • Sandy • Stevenage • Hitchin • Shefford • Luton • Harpenden • Milton Keynes • Cambridge • Buckinghamshire • Dunstable • Buckingham • Leighton Buzzard • Kempston • Biggleswade • St. Neots • Hertfordshire
© 2020 Imagefix - Web Design Bedford. All rights reserved. ~ Imagefix Ltd is registered in England and Wales | Registered No: 09419892 | VAT No: 289 9803 27